Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Free football for mamu

Are you an immigrant/of immigrant background? Do you like football(soccer)? Do you live in Jyväskylä? If so, JJK (Jyväskylä's football/soccer team) would like to invite you to watch the match for free on Sunday,the 25th of September at Harju stadium, if you attend the game with a person who has purchased a ticket. They will also provide coffee and pulla. This is not a joke.

This stunt was inspired by former President Martti Ahtisaari's challenge to all Finns to invite an immigrant out for coffee in order to promote understanding between cultures and to help immigrants feel welcome in Finnish society.

5 comments:

  1. I thought you were pro equality and against racism. I dont see how advertising racist "stunt" fits in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Hannu, if you are feeling left out, we could go to the game together and I'll pay for your ticket, since I would be getting in for free anyway. We could enjoy the match and share some coffee. I have to warn you that I'm not much of a sports fan, but maybe I'll learn something. Of course I have to check and make sure that I'm not working on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm... pulla! Now that the weather here has finally cooled off I think I need to do some baking!

    And speaking of sports, have you been following the Team Finland's efforts towards the first-ever Roller Derby World Cup happening in Canada early December?

    http://www.facebook.com/teamfinlandrollerderby2011?sk=wall

    ReplyDelete
  4. @echoegami, Go Team Finland! Seems as though they have a website too. http://www.rollerderbyfinland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do! Also, here's this cute little video - it's about Team Ireland's tryouts but it also includes interviews with teams England's and Finland's head coaches, it's split pretty evenly between the three. I watched the eastern regionals last weekend and Montreal and London were both there and played some fantastic derby. Sorry, I'm such a fangirl.
    http://youtu.be/iv-IqGqzDdk

    ReplyDelete