Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Voi olla hauskaa/Can be fun - art show at Galleria Gloria

update - earlier today I had written the wrong address for Galleria Gloria.  I've corrected the mistake.
My latest art show is due to open tomorrow (Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011) at Galleria Gloria which is located in Multicultural Center Gloria.  Gloria is located at Kauppakatu 18c 35 in downtown Jyväskylä. 

The official show opening will be tomorrow from 6 pm until 8 pm.  Feel free to stop by if you are in the area.

The name of the show is Voi olla hauskaa which means Can be fun. I guess the idea is that all too often artists (including myself) take their art way to seriously and forget that art can also be fun.  I decided to depart from some of the more serious themes that I have dealt with in the past (sex and violence, children with guns, class issues, etc) and produce some paintings that are fun for fun's sake.

Here is a preview of the paintings that make up the show:



Green Lion #2
Acrylic on plywood
2008



Red Dog
Acrylic on old cupboard door
2011



Bear tries his luck
Acrylic on plywood
2011



Green lion #1
Acrylic on plywood
2011



Coyote notices everything
Acrylic on masonite
2011



Raven
Acrylic and paper on plywood
2011



Two weasels
Acrylic and paper on plywood
2011



Monkey with banjo
acrylic on plywood
2011

3 comments:

  1. they've been weaseling their way into my work every now and then for a while now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. the photo is a bit darker than the actual painting, guess I should have used the flash.

    ReplyDelete