Here is a video released by the Food Liberation Army after they kidnapped Ronald McDonald in Helsinki. They present a list of questions that they wish McDonalds to answer. They claim that if McDonalds doesn't answer these questions by Friday, February 11th, Ronald will be executed.
Update: Here is a link to the website of the Food Liberation Army.
The questions that the F.L.A. would like McDonalds to answer as well as a couple of mission statements from their organization:
"We are the Food Liberation Army, and we hope that this extreme action will take us towards a better and safer food future.
Two days ago we kidnapped Ronald McDonald from a McDonald's Restaurant. If you do not answer all the questions we will execute Ronald on Friday February 11, 2011 at 6:30PM EET.
We love burgers, fries and McDonald's, but we can no longer watch silent when the food we love is being destroyed and brought to shame because of greed and indifference. Because of your short-sightedness your burgers have become nearly inedible.
That is why we want to help McDonald's to save food. We made you a list of questions we want you to answer. We hope that your answers will make you understand the dilapidation of the food culture we love and the appropriate measures.
1. Why are you not open about the manufacturing processes, raw materials and additives used in your products? What are you afraid?
2. How many tons of un-recycled waste you produce per year? Why do you not publish that figure?
3. Do you operate with unethical actors, such as illegal immigrants? Why?
4. Why do not you take responsibility of your culinary consequences? Why do you not seek to prevent obesity, diabetes and their ramification deceases?
5. Why do you not just use ethically produced meat? Do you not think it should be a goal for everyone to serve meat of an animal that has has had a good, clean and drug free life? Why is it not your goal?
6. Why is cheap production cost your main value?
7. Do you think your only goal is to maximize your owners´s profits? What do you think would happen if you begin to produce quality to your customers?
8. You are big and global player that reaches a significant part of the earth's people. Why do you use your power to short-sightedly maximize profits and not to create a better world ?
We are not alone, but represent a rapidly growing population. We have moved quickly towards better quality and ethicality of consumption. It is in your interest to answer our questions publicly, and develop your activities through them. Only this way you will survive in the future. Listen to our message and the Move. We will reward you by eating more of your burgers.
You have until Friday February 11 at 6:30PM EET to respond to email@example.com."