Friday, February 26, 2010

Duunari/Working Man - 7 paintings at Vakiopaine

I have finally finished the paintings that I have been working on for my next show. The title of the show is Duunari/Working Man.

I'm a working man. I'm a working man's son. I've done it all. Restaurants, bars, construction, demolition, the list goes on and on. I decided some time ago that I would do a series of paintings that would be tied together with the theme of working man.

In these paintings I am taking a look at my own life and the lives of workers that I have gotten to know over the years.

Motivations, dreams, simple things that make it all worth it.

Getting the job done. Punching the clock. Putting in the time.

The boss and his lackeys breathing down the working man's neck. The union reps making sweetheart deals trading away the benefits earned over generations of struggle.

Deatheye Dog and his mongrel pups bringing curses disguised as blessings.























The show will be up from March 1st until the 21st at Vakiopaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment