Monday, November 9, 2009

punainen jalapeño - red jalapeño

If you have read this blog before, you may already know that I work a small vegetable garden in the summertime. In October I moved a jalapeño plant from the garden to our kitchen. At that time there was one pepper that was just forming and several flowers in full bloom.

The lonely pepper is now a bright and beautiful red and several of the blossoms have tranformed into fruiting bodies. I'm guessing that they too will be mature enough to eat in a few months. The plant has flowered again and with the aid of a damp watercolor brush pollination was completed.



Now all I have to do is figure out what I want to season with this spicy little friend of mine.

1 comment:

  1. We once had a pepper plant under the grow light for the better part of a year. Finally used the jalapeno in a batch of chili con carne.

    ReplyDelete