Thursday, April 16, 2009

Clean studio

Did a bit of cleaning at the studio today, getting ready for the open house on Friday and Saturday. Click on images to enlarge.



Some completed and signed paintings as well as works in progress.





Some of the stencils I use when painting backgrounds and borders.



I use a sketchbook for a palette. Occasionally when ideas are lacking, I search through the paint smudges and blots in search for new subject material. The following photos provide a few examples of what I'm talking about.




Bear in a hat





Howling canine





Disapproval and innocence



A shot of my workbench, surface cleared off, first time in a long time.







A few shots from my sketchbooks. I'm not too handy with a pencil. I guess If I want realism, I'll use a camera.






Brown bear aka karhu





Northern pike aka hauki





Eurasian curlew aka kuovi

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow! You have horizontal surfaces in your studio. Why didn't I think of that?

    :Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I love the space organization in your studio.

    I envy you. I don't have time these days for anything that I enjoy. Keep the studio up! It's great

    ReplyDelete