Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Joy of Alcohol (aka Too Much Liquor is a Special Thing)

The following series of felt-tip marker on printer paper drawings came about one evening after a shift tending bar at Vakiopaine in Jyväskylä, Finland. I felt like visually expressing my opinion on what I feel to be the universals in the world of alcohol consumption. Since the scheduled art show had been cancelled, I hung my drawings up on the walls, and over the next 3 weeks received plenty of feedback, positive and negative. Actually, the drawing featuring an employee giving the inebriated patron the boot was stolen and I had to do a new drawing, which unfortunately is not as expressive as the original. Some folks suggested I should do a series of paintings based on the drawings. I'm not so sure that I'll follow through on that, we'll see.

(click on images to enlarge)

















No comments:

Post a Comment